Saturday, June 20, 2015

More About Butterflies

There are a lot of butterflies around here as well and I have not seen many birds lately, but I did manage to find year bird #252, a White-winged Dove in Hutch. We have a large Privet bush in our yard that has produced some interesting butterflies of late.  It is nice that it is so close, so I can check it often.  The nice thing about butterflies is that for the most part, they will let you get close enough to actually photograph them.  Birds, on the other hand, require much more patience to actually get a good picture.  Here are some of my pictures.

This Coral Hairstreak was feeding on the flowering Privet bush in our yard.  It was a lifer!

Even though these are supposed to be rare, Joseph and I have seen close to ten Gray Coppers
this year.

This is only the second Funereal Duskywing that I have seen.

I saw this Variegated Fritillary in our neighbors alfalfa field.

This Arogos Skipper was my 71st life butterfly in Kansas.
One neat thing about butterflies is that since I don't know very much about them and haven't been watching them for very long, there are lots of new things to learn about them!

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment