Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Backyard Birds

Since today was one of the first sunny days after a couple weeks of rain (yes, rain in Kansas), I got out and photographed some of the common birds in my yard in the nice evening light.


I was a bit surprised when this Cedar Waxwing teed up nicely. They are becoming more common in the summer these years, last year I saw them in every month but July.

Oh no, he's looking at me!

This Barn Swallow posed nicely in front of the moon.


A pair or two of Blue Grosbeaks have been hanging around this year as well. This pair was hanging out with some Dickcissels in our (unfortunately) weedy field.

The male Blue Grosbeak

And the drab female
A female Orchard Oriole flew in briefly and allowed a few shots.


And lastly, the much despised European Starling, surprisingly good-looking if you actually take time to notice one.


Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment